Friday, January 18, 2013

1st Round Editing

I'm in my first round of editing for the 3rd book in the Dragons of Witchcraft Series. I'm so excited to do a cover page! It's so much work and I love it. I'm having a bitch of a time cutting things out, though. It turned out to be a lot longer than I thought. When I was at 90000 words I was all "Looks like things are gonna wrap up soo--" Wrong. So wrong.

But word count shouldn't really be a deciding facter when an end of a series is present, yes? It SHOULD be longer than the others. Things need to be wrapped up and characters need their revlations. Not everyone will get theirs, but stories I think work  best when some things are left to speculation.

I got rid of my e-list for the time being in order to concentracte on writing. Thank you to everyone who signed up for updates on upcoming books, and I will continue to post that information on this blog. It' a purdy blog, in'it? (all a matter of opinion, but . . .)

No comments:

Post a Comment