Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lose Weight AND Write? (wtf)

Okay, in my quest to be honest I'm going to come right out and say it. I'm chubby. I'm not in danger of a heart attack or anything, just pleasantly round. But I'm more aiming for pleasantly slim, so bear with me. Now when I say I write, I WRITE. A lot. And it's not very practical (or easy) to exercise while doing so, therefore I have to make the effort to establish an equilibrium between losing weight and writing my ass off, and while striving to do both I have discovered an amazing comparison. Losing weight is exactly like writing a book. Both take an ungodly amount of time to accomplish. Both involve doing things you sometimes don't want to do (or in weight loss's case, all the time). And both leave you with an indescribable sense of accomplishment with every chapter completed. With every pound lost you feel healthier, just like with every page written you feel successful. Losing weight and writing have given me two nearly insurmountable goals which I find myself more than excited to conquer, and I welcome your support like a new pair of pair of athletic sneakers (I'm always needing new ones, as I'm sure you can imagine).

No comments:

Post a Comment